Or any generic modern horror campaign.
Roll 1d12 on the table below:
Viral Internet videos and photos:
- Drone footage of a clown in a nearby field.
- UFO over the city within the last week.
- Large, hairy biped seen in the woods a few miles of town.
- Extraterrestrial caught on camera in a local driveway just passing through.
- Vague Cryptid seen walking through a convenience store parking lot in the early morning hours. Could be a dog? Or maybe a monkey?
- Gray alien caught on doorbell camera late at night.
- Local hunter sees ghost on trap camera.
- Kids conducting a seance at 3:00AM in a local cemetery get really freaked out and run away from unseen force.
- Local ghost hunters have multiple positive contacts in a downtown building recently scheduled for demolition.
- Child goes missing in the middle of the night only to be found the next day in a field 20 miles away bewildered and unharmed.
- Local police officer catches photos of a black dog with eerie red eyes crossing the street late at night.
- Local kids shoot video of objects moving around the house with them.
Bonus Table: Freaky Locations for strange happenings.
Roll 1d12. Randonautica, eat your heart out.
- A shed in a suburban backyard far older than the surrounding houses.
- A pair of grave markers in a well known town park.
- An abandoned car from the 1930’s in a field on the edge of town.
- The old veterans hospital near the center of town.
- A Freemason temple now a hospice.
- An old Native American burial ground underneath a residential district.
- A house in an old residential neighborhood abandoned for over a decade.
- A pauper’s graveyard covered by a high school football field.
- The WW1 exhibit at the local museum.
- Junkyard/Landfill built on top of a Civil War battlefield.
- Under an old bridge.
- An old well on the farm nearest town.