Sometimes the Jump Drive shuts down mid-run.
Roll 1d12 to find out what went wrong with the long jump.
- Uncharted, unexplored planet! Group may wish to reconnoiter.
- Hyperspace particle waveform cloud. Ship must travel through regular space to get through the phenomenon.
- Life forms detected! A large life form or cloud of life forms that live in space.
- Another spacecraft in distress. Just close enough to cast a hyperspace shadow.
- Wreckage from a battle. May be pretty old.
- Pirates with a hyperspace shadow generator. Prepare to be boarded!
- Drive breakdown! Somebody missed something during the last maintenance cycle. The part that broke requires replacement.
- Binary star gravitational well.
- Astrogation malfunction! The drive is fine, but the computer controlling it has malfunctioned. Reprogramming requires skill and time.
- Hyper-intelligent cosmic energy being.
- Rogue comet or planetoid. Unmapped, unsurveyed chunk of ice, a moon or planet flying through space.
- Black Hole! Still time to maneuver out of it.
For use with any space RPG. Have fun with it. Thank you for stopping by.