Pretty much all of this has happened at one point or another.
Roll 1d12 and consult the table below to see what went sideways in November this time:
- Someone’s sick. Roll on the Disease of the Week Subtable.
- Toilet is backed up, leading to bigger plumbing issues.
- Distracted by Internet Drama.
- Family issues. Drop everything and tend to one family member.
- Crippling Depression and Social Anxiety.
- Dirty dishes and laundry pile up. It’s like no one heard I was writing this month.
- Car problems. Roll a d2. Odd: Mine. Even: Hers.
- Bills start piling up. Family tension over money increases.
- Kid gets in trouble at school.
- Holiday panic. In-Laws might be coming for Thanksgiving.
- Red letter pain flare puts me on the couch for three days.
- Multiple internet outages and days on the phone with tech support.
Subtable 1-1, Family illnesses.
- Icky Cough-Coughs. aka Covid, or the Beer Virus. We live in Iowa. Go figure.
- Strep Throat.
- Strep Throat leading to Tonsilitis.
- Ear Infection.
- Strep Throat leading into Covid. (Yes, that really happened.)
- Pink Eye. (Euww.)
- Stomach bug. Everyone roll a Fort Save DC 14. Usually one person makes it.
- Food Poisoning. Usually only one person gets sick, but see Stomach Bug.
- Big school project requiring adult assistance.
- Fever of unknown origin. There’s a fun day in the ER.
- Gnarly cold that’s not strep or Covid. It happens.