Today we’re diving into some of my Lightning Force Rangers campaign bad guys. I’m starting off with the freakiest of the bunch, General Gnarl. His lieutenants are designed around a horror/ooze theme. Not all of the lieutenants listed will be used this season, hence the random table.
A little bookkeeping first. Unless we are specifically referring to a Monster of the Week, all creatures working on behalf of the bad guys are now called, “Threats.” This comes following Renegade Con and the appearance of the “Fan Preview Guide.” Dunno why we’re calling it that, but hey- we’re cool.
They also did us another solid with this little tidbit in their FAQ:
That having been said, here is a list of General Gnarl’s monsters presented here in name only. Stats to follow at a later date if/when we ever figure out how the OGL works with this game or if there even is one…
Please roll 1d12 and consult the table below:
- Necrolord Abominus: Raises zombies (Putties, but mud and bone.)
- Oozemaster: Slimy abomination determined to spread goo everywhere. Yuck.
- Bonehead: Dude is literally a giant skeleton. Shoots cool eyebeams. Hard to hit.
- Boiler Belly: Metal monstrosity with a belly full of green fire and a door to blast it with. Superheated when angry, which is quite often.
- Zitius Maximus: Rubbery monster covered in small holes capable of spewing nasty slime. Slime turns people into gelatinous masses. Mega mode is volcanic.
- Wrecking Ball: Ball of solid metal with arms and legs. Uses the chain on his head as a weapon. Super tough, not necessarily super smart. Arm chain tentacles?
- Achoo Chu: Somewhat comical train with a huge nose. (Think Thomas the Tank Engine costume.) Spreads an incapacitating disease called the “Sneezles” causing uncontrolled sneezing in its victims. Disease is cured when monster is defeated.
- Double Fist: (Picture Hitmonchan from Pokemon made of solid metal and a smooth head.) Has four arms. Boxing beastie that doubles itself when damaged.
- Tri-Cycler: Three headed Centaur with two small wheels in the back and one huge wheel up front. Cannon on the back.
- Spawn Camp: A walking, talking miniature log cabin that releases small, bipedal humanoid minions. Has a mortar on its back.
- Gas bag: A hot air balloon shaped humanoid biped that sprays sleeping gas everywhere. Its noxious odor is also capable of stunning people.
- Gunnarl: Gnarl’s shorter, pudgier version of himself. Carries a gun almost bigger that he is. Acts and talks like Gnarl only in a smaller, cuter voice.
Bonus Table: Serious Damage.
Please roll 1d12 and see what any give threat might be able to shoot:
- Heat Ray
- Freeze Ray
- Lightning Bolt
- Laser Blasts
- Cone of Fire
- “Toxic” Gas
- Force Blast
- Projectiles (Spikes, arrows, shuriken, bullets?)
- Explosive Projectiles (Cannon balls, propane canisters, etc)
- Energy Beam (Pure power, plasma?)
- Sonic Blast
Game stats to follow. Have a great week. Thank you for visiting.