I had so much fun with the first one, let’s do it again!
Roll 1d12 for the Monster of the Week based on American Movies.
(American horror movies were big in the Japanese pro wrestling scene which is where this idea comes from.) The monster’s personality does not have to match the movie character. In fact, it should be far more cartoonish and kid friendly other than the appearance.
- Freddy Krueger.
- Jason Vorhees.
- Michael Myers.
- Ghostface (Scream.)
- Terminator (T-800.)
- Alien (Geiger.)
- Predator. (Claws, Invisibility and Tri-beam cannon only!)
- Pinhead. (From Hellraiser. Use caution with this one…)
- Frankenstein’s Monster.
Added table: Kaiju
No sentai game would be complete without kaiju. Please use the character type and not the name. (It may help to Google “Kaiju” for pictures.) Roll 1d12
- King Kong. (Or Mighty Joe Young. Some kind of huge ape.)
- Mothra (Giant moth or butterfly.)
- King Ghidora. (Three headed flying dragon)
- The Smog Monster aka Hedorah. (Google this one. It’s epic!)
- Rodan. (Vulture-like Dragon.)
- Gamera. (Giant dragon turtle. flies by spinning,)
- Mecha Gojira. (Mecha Godzilla for Americans.)
- MUTO 1 or 2. (Both if you really want to challenge the group.)
- Destoroyah. (Demon-zilla? You just have to see it...)
- Gigan (One eyed Bird beak-mandibles with hooks for hands…)
- Megalon (Giant bombardier beetle with drill hands.)
- Gojira. (Godzilla himself or a clone. Pick your era.)
The best part of using Kaiju is you might not have to mess with their small forms. One of these things could march right out of the ocean and attack the town. A desperate military might call on the Power Rangers to prevent having to pull out drastic measures. It’s kind of their thing, anyway.